According to Pregnant Chicken, baby is the size of a grenade! I love the analogies that they use!
Disclaimer: I swear I know how to spell. Please forgive the misspelling of 'avocado.' This was our second photo take after Dan took about 10 pictures. I looked through them all and realized that I had put '17 Weeks' instead of 16. They are not kidding that this pregnancy brain really exists!
This is my view from the top. If this bump is any indicator of the size of the baby inside of it, we may have a big one on our hands!!!!
How far along? 16 weeks
How big is baby? Pumpkin is the size of a avocado - about 4.6 inches and weighs about 3.5 ounces. Baby is most likely listening to mommy's voice as tiny bones continue to form in his/her ears. Pumpkin is growing eyelashes, eyebrows and more hair. Taste buds are also forming this week.
Any appointments or updates this week? Nothing again this week. Still anxiously waiting for our A/S scan on the 4th.
Symptoms/body changes? I did not want to admit this, but, yeah, my morning sickness is back. I still have an appetite fit for an elephant, but mornings and more so evenings are filled with nausea and gagging back puke. I also think something adding to this is the recent onset of heartburn that I have been feeling. Again, all par for the course.
Food cravings/aversions? Um, what doesn't sound good? I was watching TV sometime this week and every single commercial for food sounded divine. Even strange things that would NEVER sound good. At least the pickiness has subsided. I still have not been able to cook much at all, so my poor husband has been fending for himself and running to just about every take-out place for me within 15 minutes of the house. He really is a good man.
Odds and Ends? Eh, nothing much. As I said earlier, feeling teeny tiny movements from pumpkin is the most amazing thing I have experienced so far this entire pregnancy. I cannot wait for Dan to be able to feel baby himself, even though he jokingly swears he was able to feel baby move around week 9. I keep telling him, "Honey, baby was the size of an olive then. Trust me, you did not feel movement." He loves to kid me and give me a hard time.
There have been so many times in the past few weeks when reality has really set in. We (God-willing, and I'll be damned if we don't) will be bringing a baby home in five short months. Our family will no longer be Dan, myself and the dogs. There will be three of us. This morning we were driving to pick up breakfast spontaneously and I said to Dan, "pretty soon this will be no longer." There is so much excitement and anticipation in that prospect, but at the same time it has been the two of us for so long. I love being pregnant and cannot wait until this baby is in my arms. Until then, I am enjoying every single minute of just Dan and I. After all, we are the beginning of this amazing story.
There have been so many times in the past few weeks when reality has really set in. We (God-willing, and I'll be damned if we don't) will be bringing a baby home in five short months. Our family will no longer be Dan, myself and the dogs. There will be three of us. This morning we were driving to pick up breakfast spontaneously and I said to Dan, "pretty soon this will be no longer." There is so much excitement and anticipation in that prospect, but at the same time it has been the two of us for so long. I love being pregnant and cannot wait until this baby is in my arms. Until then, I am enjoying every single minute of just Dan and I. After all, we are the beginning of this amazing story.
No comments:
Post a Comment