That being said, we had an interesting experience at the hospital. We of course were running late (we are never on time for anything - ever) and as I walked up to the ultrasound desk to hand the receptionist my doctor's order, the fire alarms started going off. Following that was a voice on the loud speaker that stated, "An emergency has been reported in the building. This is not a test. Evacuate immediately." Great. Just great.
After about fifteen minutes of waiting outside, we were finally allowed back inside. I never did find out what the issue was, quite honestly I didn't really care.
Our tech for the ultrasound was amazing. She was sweet and asked all sorts of details about my past pregnancies. Right away we got to see baby's heartbeat (which I knew would be there as I had snuck in a doppler session right before we had left) and baby squirming around. I made sure to heed my friends' advice and drink a large glass of OJ a little before we got there. I wanted to be sure that we got to see baby show us his/her moves.
And did we ever see some moves. Baby squirmed and wiggled, and waved his/her arms and kicked his/her legs. We were able to see the teeny hands and fingers in such great detail and the teensy toes. I saw the baby's spine, stomach, bladder, facial profile, everything that there was to see for 12 weeks. And, much to my surprise, pumpkin was measuring 3 days ahead at 12w4d!! Little overachiever.
After about 20 minutes of the ultrasound, the tech told me that I needed to get up and walk and bounce around. We needed baby to move into a different position to get all the measurements we needed. I walked and bounced and poked my tummy and told that little one to get into position.
Five minutes later, the tech said that baby was in the right position, but she still couldn't get what she needed. Before she ended the ultrasound, she gave us some time to look at baby in 4D real time. Oh, my, goodness. I fell even more in love.
She told us that we would need to come back in a week and see if baby would cooperate. So, I got dressed and was getting ready to leave when a doctor walked into the room. She told us she wanted to see if she could get what we needed to save us an extra trip. Five minutes later, we had all the measurements we needed, and reassurance right there from the reading physician that the measurements looked "great." Cue, a huge sigh of relief and tears in my eyes.
I will never forget the look on Dan's face as we walked out of that room and back to the car. Utter joy. Disbelief. Total goofy happiness. That moment will forever remain etched in my heart.
One of the pictures we got of the little one is a great 3D picture. And no, I cannot stop staring at it. My heart honestly skips a beat every time I look at it. That is our baby. Our rainbow. Thank you, God.
And, without further ado, here is our little cutie pie at 12w4d!!
Cutest thing ever, right? Okay, maybe I'm a little biased. Just admit it. Cutest, ever.

No comments:
Post a Comment