Monday, February 25, 2013

Beta #1

For those who do not know what a 'beta' is, it is a qualitative blood draw value that measures the level of hCG, the pregnancy hormone. Most women who are either not being followed by a RE or have not had past miscarriages usually do not have this blood value drawn. For those of us 'lucky ones', it is a way for our doctors to keep an eye on the progressing pregnancy. It is in no way a guarantee that there is a healthy pregnancy progressing, but it can be a good indicator of such. 

I went first thing this morning to get my blood drawn at the local hospital. Within a hour, I got a call from the nurse at Dr. M's office. My heart momentarily stopped. My beta today - 262. This is a fabulous number for approximately 15dpo. The nurse was overly happy for me and I will go back in two days for another draw. 

Holy crap! There is a baby inside of me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment